JBoss Operations Network
RTI is available as a stand-alone tool or integrated with the JBoss Operations Network (Jboss ON) Plugin Architecture, which drops into your existing monitoring framework. Either way, no additional firewall exceptions, agents or tools are required.
With JBoss ON, RTI monitors both JBoss and Tomcat platforms and reports performance, which is directly added to the existing repository.
RTI Architecture with JBoss Operations Network
Users have two choices for analyzing RTI Performance Data:
- Operations typically uses the existing JBoss Operations Network Web Interface
- Development and Technical Staff use the Eclipse based RTI Console
OPERATIONS – Web Interface
- Use the RHQ Web Interface to monitor Application Health and Business Performance
- Define and monitor performance Alerts
DEVELOPERS – RTI Console
- Analyze detailed performance metrics and transaction traces using an eclipse based client
- Collaborate with operations by loading trace data triggered from Alerts