Distributed Transaction Tracing
For ultimate visibility into Transaction performance, even in distributed environments, RTI supports Distributed Transaction Tracing that goes one step beyond our Lightweight Transaction Profiling.
In real-time, RTI can enable tracing for only those Transactions that are underperforming.
RTI provides a unique solution that offers precise transactional information with the lowest overhead and the following capabilities:
- Enabled in Real-Time – Automatically trigger tracing from a threshold Alert, or manually flip it on only when you need it.
- Delivers on a Transactional Level – Traces only what you need. RTI traces at a business transaction level and prevents excessive overhead that comes from global tracing.
- Sheds the Bloat – Eliminates data bloat and overhead by dynamically throwing away method timings that don’t contribute to your performance problem.
- Uses a Patented Technology – Features the lightest weight technology available. So much, in fact, that RTI is used for Air Traffic Control logging and system forensics.
Tracing captures detailed metrics including:
- Transaction Path across JVMs or Servers for actual end-user Transactions
- Detailed context information including SQL query parameters, correlated to the business transaction